Frequently Asked Questions
1. TESL Ontario Membership Information
TESL, Services, Member Classifications, Approval Categories, Post-TESL Cert. Training, Online Registries, Organization Chart
2. TESL Program Accreditation Standards
3. TESL Benefits of Membership
4. A Guide to OCELT: The Professional Designation of TESL Ontario Accredited Members
5. TESL Ontario has two categories for new membership:
Here is a link to the webpage that explains what each member type is:
New Accredited Membership
This membership category is for individuals who wish to teach non-credit adult ESL in publicly funded programs in Ontario.
Please visit our Accreditation section for application information and instructions.
New Standard Membership
This membership category is for individuals working in the profession of Teaching English as a Second Language but are not required by their employers to be TESL Ontario Accredited. This category is also available to language training volunteers, retirees and students at a reduced rate.
Please apply online using the Online Membership Form by choosing the Standard Membership or Student/Volunteer/Retiree category, or you can print out the Membership Application Form, fill it out, and mail it in with payment to the TESL Ontario office.
6. TESL Ontario Affiliate Chapter Operating Procedures
Here is a link to the TESL Ontario Affiliate Chapter Operating Procedures: