On April 14th, 2018, our members had the opportunity to enjoy a morning of Yoga, learning, prizes and networking!
We all relaxed and de-stressed with a "Chair Yoga" session led by Yoga Instructor Tanja Semenuk.
Tanja Semenuk was kind enough to share her social media info with us:
We continued with a presentation by Anna Bartosik on 'Incorporating Indigenous knowledge in education".
Here are the references and links from Anna Bartosik's presentation that she was able to share with us:
- Abe, A. (June, 2017). An Indigenous Strategy in the ESL Classroom. [Webinar] In BC TEAL Webinars. Retrieved from https://bcteal.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/an-indigenous-strategy-in-the-esl-classroom/
- June 21 is National Aboriginal Day in Canada. To explore and extend this theme, what are ESL instructors doing to respond to Truth and Reconciliation in the language training classroom? Come share …
- Canada. Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada (2015). Truth and Reconciliation
- Now Toronto (April 5, 2017). Survivors of residential schools tell their stories. Now Toronto. Retrieved from https://nowtoronto.com/news/residential-schools-survivors-stories/
- Survivors of residential schools tell their stories - NOW Magazine
(From the testimony of residential school students as told to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission)
- Alchemy post from 2015:
Pulling Together In The Same Direction | Alchemy
By Anna Bartosik *Sheridan sits on the Territorial Lands of the Mississauga of the New Credit First Nation. Paula Laing, Student Success and Transition Advisor from Sheridan’s Aboriginal Initiative…
- Link to the Peterborough petroglyphs:
- Link to the petroglyphs that were painted at Sheridan during the renovations:
- The REDress Project:
You can follow Anna Bartosik on Twitter @ambartosik and connect with her on Linkedin: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/annabartosik